Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Well, this post is all over the place.

First and foremost, we've been breaking out the champagne here at Generally Fabulous, because my pal Ren at Wind on My Back is officially engaged as of this past Saturday! I have to admit that I knew it was coming thanks to some advice sought from me by her now-fiance, so I was anxiously awaiting the phone call Saturday night when they were doing dinner and a Broadway show for their anniversary. I am so excited for Ren and her fiance, and I know they'll have a lifetime of happiness together.

However, that champagne? Not literal champagne. I am still trying to stomach (no pun intended) the very idea of any alcohol after a night out gone very, very wrong this past weekend. After lots of cheap beer and margaritas, I threw up in a cab and then got in the shower fully clothed, with my cell phone in my pocket. Not a fun night, and Saturday was probably the worst hangover of my life. So it'll be a few weeks months before you catch me in a bar, I think. We'll see, though.

Staying out of bars for a bit might be an okay thing, though, since we need to officially kick the wedding savings plan into high gear. On Friday, before my catastrophic night out, E and I ventured into the beautiful town of Ridgefield, Connecticut, to look at a wedding venue that we have absolutely fallen in love with, and put a hold on a date. January 7, 2011, folks! Mark your calendars! I am actually in the process of trying to peer pressure Ren into starting a wedding planning blog with me, so I can move my wedding ruminations elsewhere, but we'll see what happens. In the meantime, I am going to let her bask in the glow of being newly engaged, and stick her big toe tentatively into the world of wedding planning. It's kind of a very terrifying place, if I may say so myself. I'm going to go back to daydreaming about color schemes and hors d'oeuvres menus, if you don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment