Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What I've done, what I'll be doing...

The exhibit I've been working on for class is being installed on Monday, and the opening reception is Friday!  Here's the blurb:

Wandering the World City documents the unparalleled cultural diversity of New York City in the 1960s, as seen through the unique lens of Belgian-born artist Jan Yoors (1922-1977). Best known for his writing, tapestries and sculptures, he was also an avid photographer. Join us for an exhibition of a small selection of his black and white photographs, which reflect the changing urban landscape he explored. 

I'm excited to finally see it up on the walls!  If anyone's planning to be in the NYC area in May with a bit of time to kill, go check it out (directions on the site).  It's been a long semester, full of frustrations and excitement in regards to this exhibit, but it's all come together pretty nicely, if I do say so myself!


But phew, it seems as though every aspect of my life has decided to get crazy at exactly the same moment.  This has so far been a week of dashing between different appointments all over the city, and somewhere in there I need to find time to research, create presentations, and write papers. Yikes!  However, I did finally get an offer for a summer job, so now I am just waiting to hear back from one other place before I make a decision.  But, I mean, really? Who wouldn't want this guy among her colleagues?


Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment